Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Australian authors.....

Hi readers, before I start,
I have to admit it has been quite
a while since I read this
book and commented
on it on my old blog, but I
thought it might be of interest to you, so
have posted what I wrote
at the time.

The book is....
The Dressmaker by

The book seems a bit daunting at
first, as there are over 400 pages, but
I really enjoyed it, and
didn't want it to end.

For those of you who think the name
of the author seems familiar,
Posie Graeme-Evans is
also the producer of the television show
McLeod's Daughters.

The story is set in England during the 1800's, and is about the 
challenges life throws at the main character growing up.
The title obviously gives away her occupation, but it is the
journey getting there that keeps you glued to the book.  I could tell
you more, but I don't want to spoil it for you :)

As I said, it's been a while
since I read it, but I'm
looking forward to reading it again soon...
why don't you join me, and
let me know what
you think?

In the meantime, I have
just finished reading for a second time.....

Mr Chen's Emporium
by
Deborah O'Brien

another Australian author
you might like to try.
 

Have a lovely week, and
happy reading,  Jenny
 

No comments:

Post a Comment